The Advocacy Officer will be reporting to the Program Manager. S/he will provide support to the development of programs; identify and implement policy advocacy initiatives at national and local levels.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide Support to development programs; identify and implement policy advocacy initiatives at local level.
- Ensure that local-level policy initiatives in which TEN/MET members engage are informed by micro-level work and support achievement of SD4 &5
iii. Provide support to five thematic areas namely: Early Childhood Development, Learning Environments, Girls Education, Child Protection, Inclusive Education.
- Facilitate in building strong alliances and networks of civil society organization at District and National levels for concerted advocacy efforts and greater participation in policy
dialogues including attending local/ national meetings and represent the coalition and providing analytical support for advocacy
- Coordinate advocacy and policy issues efforts within the organization for sharing with members countrywide.
- Ensure documentation and information sharing of key learning within the organization on advocacy initiatives and with other stakeholders.
vii. Develop plans and budgets for advocacy initiatives and mobilize resources
viii. Conduct periodic needs assessment to understand how the network communicates within the field of education and identify opportunities and gaps.
- Produce reports of advocacy activities, supporting advocacy goals of the coalition
- Perform any other tasks assigned to him/her by supervisors
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Mass Communication or Journalism, Masters in Education, Sociology, Business or other a relevant field.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in the field of policy and advocacy in Education
iii. Exceptional interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Fluent in English and extensive verbal and written communications experience.
- Highly proficient in the use of personal computers, specifically word processing, spreadsheet and presentation applications, as well as use of e-mail and internet.
How to Apply
Applications including curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, telephone number and email address should be submitted by email to the following address:
Plot No. 301, House No. 1, Lwehabura Road,
P. O. BOX 13547