AJIRA TANZANIA 2020 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2020
Position: Rural Co-operatives Coordinator in the Ukwega Ward (Iringa Region)
Provide professional support to villagers in starting and successfully running rural cooperatives in 5 villages of the Ukwega Ward.
Global Volunteers is seeking qualified applicants to serve as Reaching Children’s Potential (RCP) Program Co-operatives Coordinator. The overall responsibility is to provide professional support to villagers in starting and successfully running cooperatives in five villages of the Ukwega Ward in the Kilolo District of the Iringa Region.
Education Level: Bachelor in business or business related fields
Experience Level: At least 2 years of work experience in business related fields
English language fluency
A successful candidate will need to relocate to the Ukwega Ward of the Kilolo Distring in the Iringa Region, preferablly to Ipalamwa, which is centrally located in relation to the five villages.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
The successful candidate must be able to work independently and with groups; be extremely well organized and thorough, with a meticulous attention to details. He/she must also:
· Be an excellent manager of people and a team leader;
· Have experience with cooperative development, business development, community organizations or related experience;
· Experience and ability to conduct market research
· Demonstrate experience of strong verbal and written skills;
· Have superior organizational and interpersonal communication skills;
· Have entrepreneurial/business skills;
· Feel comfortable with accounting and financials;
· Be able to learn quickly and have an interest in developing a variety of new skills;
· Support the organization’s goals and values;
· Be able to comfortably use word processing and Excel spreadsheets
Be able to ride a motorbike on rough roads
· Have a firm understanding of, and commitment to the RCP Demonstration Program.
· Facilitate development of four new co-operatives;
· Facilitate day-to-day operations of five rural co-operatives;
· Conduct market research;
· Propose products to be produced by each co-operative supported by successful market research analysis for each product;
· Prepare business plans for each co-operative;
· Prepare annual operating and financial plan (budget) of the co-operatives;
· Meet with each of the five co-operatives as necessary and appropriate
· Guide the process of developing policies and procedures of the co-operatives and ensure the compliance of all members;
· Report weekly to the Director of International Operations on the results of each co-operatives;
· Monitor expenses of co-operatives;
· Perform other duties as required for the proper management of the co-operatives.
This is a full-time, permanent position. Salary is based on education and experience.
Relocation to the Ukwega Ward, preferrably Ipalamwa is required.
HOW TO APPLY
Your résumé and cover letter must explain why you want this position. In order for your application to be considered, your cover letter must include your monthly compensation requirements after all deductions.
Global Volunteers is a US-based human and economic development NGO in consultative status with the United Nations. Founded in 1984, Global Volunteers engages short-term volunteers to serve developing communities throughout the world. At the invitation of the ELCT-IRD, Global Volunteers has been serving rural villages in the Iringa Region for more than 30 years.
In 2017, at the specific request of ELCT–IRD, and in cooperation with the Minister of Health and the Iringa Regional Commissioner, Global Volunteers initiated its Reaching Children’s Potential (RCP) Demonstration Program in the Ukwega Ward, Kilolo District to help eliminate stunting in rural communities. The RCP program is a child-focused, comprehensive, holistic development effort beginning with pregnancy and continuing through the 18th birthday. The objective is to improve the well-being of children and their families by eradicating hunger, improving health, and enhancing cognition.
Learn more about the RCP Program at: READ FULL DETAILS HERE!
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)