Medical Officers (3)
Clinical Officer (3)
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit organization in Tanzania contributing to address public health priorities. MDH works with the Ministry of Health,
Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); as well as academic and nonacademic institutions to address the problems of Tuberculosis, Malaria, HIV/AIDS, Nutrition, Maternal and Child Health and to undertake initiatives to advance public health research, education, and services to improve health and lives of the people of Tanzania.
In Dar es Salaam, MDH supports the Government of Tanzania through the Regional Government and Municipal councils of Ilala, Temeke, Kinondoni, Ubungo and Kigamboni in the provision of comprehensive facility-based HIV prevention, care and treatment services and program management. In order to strengthen care and treatment of PLWHA in Dar es Salaam, MDH on behalf of the above mentioned Municipal Councils seeks to recruit clinicians to care and treatment for the HIV program for a short-term contract of eight (8) months from February to September, 2020.
Job Title: Medical Officers (3) and Clinical Officer (3)
Reports to: Health Facility I/C
Qualification and Experience:
Holder of Diploma, OR Bachelor Degree in Clinical Medicine from a recognized institution; should have been registered with Tanganyika Medical Board and he/she should have an experience of at least 3 years in the field of expertise.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing clinical care to HIV patients in the Clinic including:
- Management of Opportunistic Infections
- Staging of HIV patients for Antiretroviral Therapy (ART) eligibility
- Initiating patients on ART
- Managing complications of ART
- Initiation and monitoring of Post-Exposure Prophylaxis
- Providing consultation to HIV-positive patients on the wards as requested
- Maintaining accurate medical records and other data collection as required for Monitoring and evaluation within the Clinic
- Participating in Clinic Team Meetings and assisting the site manager with strategic planning for the Clinic
- Doing any other duty as assigned by the site manager.
Job application procedure:
- Interested candidates should submit an application letter along with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of relevant certificates/Testimonials, three recently taken passport size photographs and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. Applicants are required to indicate their current contact addresses, telephone/mobile numbers to facilitate communication.
Applications should be submitted by hand or through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to the Human Resource Officer – DSM Sub grantee by 12th February, 2020.
Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)